- As provided in the Constitution, the principal officers of the Association are: President, Vice President for Programs, Vice President for Member Services, and Secretary-Treasurer. These officers shall be elected by the membership at the Annual Meeting of the Association.
- The duties of the President shall be as follows:
- Preside at the Annual Meeting of the Association and Chair the Executive Committee.
- Act as Chief Executive Officer of the Association and carry out the policies of the Executive Committee.
- Represent or appoint others to represent the Association at all functions to which the Association may be invited and in which it may desire to participate.
- Perform such other duties as customarily pertain to the Office of the President.
- The duties of the Vice President for Programs shall be as follows:
- Serve as an aid to the President
- In the temporary or permanent absence of the President for any cause, assume and perform the duties of the President.
- Arrange the program for the Annual Meeting of the Association.
- The duties of the Secretary-Treasurer shall be as follows:
- Present to the Membership at the Annual Meeting a report of the financial operations for the preceding year.
- Sign all required checks in payment of bills incurred by the Association. A list of checks in excess of $500 will be presented to the Executive Committee for its review at its next quarterly meeting.
- Keep minutes of the Annual Meeting and any special meetings of the Association and meetings of the Executive Committee; maintain appropriate files and financial records; and notify all Members regarding the Annual Meeting and any special meetings and provide agendas.
- Shall fulfill such other duties as shall be specified by the Executive Committee.
- The duties of the Vice President for Member Services shall be as follows:
- Provide leadership in attracting new members to the Association.
- Maintain the membership roster.
- Publish an annual Membership Directory.
- Provide mailing labels as needed for the conduct of Association business and to other parties as approved by the Executive Committee.
- Fulfill such other duties as shall be specified by the Executive Committee.
Nominations of the candidates for the Officer and Director positions shall be made by a Nominating Committee comprised of the President and the latest two Immediate Past Presidents. The Immediate Past President shall chair the Committee. The Chair will make a report of the Nominating Committee to the Membership at the Annual Meeting. Additional nominations may be made from the floor at the Annual Meeting.
3. EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE
- The Executive Committee shall conduct the business of the Association in the interim between Annual Meetings and shall execute the policies of the Association as set forth in the Constitution and Bylaws and the decisions made by the Membership at the Annual Meeting.
- The Executive Committee shall meet at the call of the President and the presence of four members shall constitute a quorum.
Applications for membership from qualified academic institutions shall be accepted by the Secretary-Treasurer upon receipt of a check for the amount of the annual dues. Applications by non-academic organizations shall be referred to the Executive Committee.
The vote of each member shall be cast by the administrative head of the college, school or department of business administration, or the member’s designated representative.
6. ATTENDANCE AT MEETINGS
It shall be the policy of the Association to encourage the widest possible attendance at the meetings of the Association by both Member and non-member institutions and other concerned with the objectives of the Association.
These bylaws may be amended at any regular or special meeting. No change shall be effective unless approved by two-thirds of the Members in attendance and voting. No motion for an Amendment shall be considered unless a copy of such proposed Amendment has been filed with the Secretary-Treasurer at least forty days before the meeting and a copy thereof sent forthwith by the Secretary-Treasurer to each member.