The Southern Business Administration Association (SBAA) is the regional association of collegiate business programs offered by colleges and universities in the southern US. While the majority of our members reflects our southern roots, any collegiate institution offering programs in business administration and/or business education as colleges, schools, or departments of business administration are welcome to join. In addition to the south, our members are located in the northeast, the mid-Atlantic, the Midwest, the west, and Canada.
The mission of SBAA is to improve management education by providing networking opportunities for business educators, showcasing best practices, promoting innovation in teaching and scholarship, and encouraging leadership in the management of educational programs.
To accomplish the mission, the Association:
- Develops and renews individual leadership skills
- Facilitates discussion of vision, strategic issues, and leading-edge
practices in business schools
- Provides networking and learning opportunities for business school leaders
- Facilitates the discussion and review of accreditation issues, continuous improvement concerns, and “best practices” among member institutions
- Promotes teaching innovation and research
The Association membership meets twice yearly. Our summer workshop takes place in mid-July and the annual meeting is held in early November.